Wedding Terms and Conditions
In the following terms & conditions “the photographer” shall mean Oliver Dixon trading as Oliver Dixon Photography. “The client” shall be those persons defined as bride and/or groom on the booking form. These terms & conditions cannot be varied in any way by the clients unless such conditions are expressly agreed by the photographer in writing.
Copyright of all images remains with the photographer unless otherwise agreed.
The client hereby allows the photographer to display any photograph to promote the business within advertising, editorial content, online, sample albums etc.
3. License, Coverage and Equipment:
- Photographs taken during the course of the event will be at the discretion of the photographer although every effort will be made to comply with the brief/requirements.
- The photographer shall be granted artistic license in relation to the subjects, poses and locations available. The photographer's judgement regarding these matters shall be deemed correct.
- The photographer shall endeavour to photograph all individuals as requested by the client throughout the day, but no responsibility will be taken by the photographer on the occasion of leaving somebody out.
For a booking involving a church ceremony or at certain venues, the photographer's movements are sometimes restricted by the official in charge. The area from which the photographer is able to cover the ceremony may not be the photographer's choice and the photographer cannot accept responsibility for any obstructed view should this be the case.
- Images will be provided as high resolution jpegs.
Although all equipment is checked regularly and reasonable steps are taken to ensure backup equipment is available, the photographer will not be responsible for photographs that are not produced due to technical failure.
- All standard wedding packages and additional goods specified on the booking form are supplied at the prices ruling on the date of booking. Goods not specified on the booking form are supplied at the prices ruling at the time of receipt of the order.
A non-refundable deposit of £250.00 will confirm your booking. By completing this payment you confirm acceptance of all terms and conditions.
The booking fee will be deducted from the cost of the client's final balance.
- Full payment of the remaining balance will be due 30 days before the wedding date.
- Titles to all goods remains with the photographer until paid for in full by the client.
6. Cancellation Fees:
If the client should have to cancel a booking the following cancellation fees will apply.
- Cancellation with more than 90 days to the wedding date - no additional cost on top of the deposit.
- Cancellation with less than 90 days to the wedding date, full photographic rates of the package booked will apply. Where no package has been specified, it will be deemed that the client have chosen a package to the value of £760.00. The client is hereby advised to take out an appropriate insurance policy to cover any expenses incurred in the event of cancellation.
- Where the photographer is able to re-book the date with an equivalent booking then the cancellation fee will be reduced by 50%.
- The photographer will endeavour to put the client in touch with another photographer in the event they are unable to attend on the wedding date due to any cause beyond their reasonable control e.g. sudden illness, injury, victim of crime etc.
- In the event of cancellation by the photographer, or in the very unlikely event of total photographic failure, liability shall be limited to a full refund of any fees paid.
- FORCE MAJEURE: Oliver Dixon is not liable for failure to perform it's obligations if such failure is as a result of Acts of God (including fire, flood, earthquake, storm, hurricane or other natural disaster), war, invasion, act of foreign enemies, hostilities (regardless of whether war is declared), civil war, rebellion, revolution, insurrection, military or usurped power or confiscation, terrorist activities, nationalization, government sanction, blockage, embargo, labor dispute, strike, lockout or interruption or failure of electricity or telephone service.